Like previously stated, the Mayosis theme is powered on the Easy Digital Downloads system to provide the awesome digital marketplace. To provide a marketplace where multiple vendors can open up their own digital store and offer their digital products the Mayosis theme provides full support for the Frontend Submissions (FES) extension from Easy Digital Downloads. If you have ever wished to upon up your own multi-vendor marketplace, then this is the golden combination: a beautiful and full of options theme + powerful plugins/extensions from Easy Digital Downloads.
This section of the documentation will explain how to get started with FES. You can check the Frontend submission install guide from its official site here: https://docs.easydigitaldownloads.com/article/337- frontend-submissions-basic-setup. After installing FES you need to configure the FES-specific pages. Let’s start.
- For the vendor dashboard page, choose the ‘full width’ template on the right sde. You get more options here, like changing the background color of the page for example.
2. For the submission fields, the Mayosis theme has created all the custom fields. If you prefer, you can customize the submission fields to your preferences.
3. Same as the submission fields, you can add and edit profile fields too. The Mayosis theme has already set up all the fields for you here, too. That is what we call, convenience!
A few awesome possibilities of the Mayosis heme + FES are:
- On the front page we have a section with some featured contributors. These are page builder elements (for both Elementor aswell as WPBakery), which make it easy to customize. In the ‘featured contributor’ element in the page builder you can add user ID’s to display the featured contributor(s).
- The awesomeness of the Mayosis theme can be seen on the public vendor profile pages. The pages really focus on the contributors, and give them a spotlight for their awesome digital work. There is a follow system for example, which users can use to follow their favorite vendors. Whenever a vendor uploads a product, the product will be seen in the dashboards of the people who follow the vendor. Vendors can use their own cover photo too, to really make the page their own.